Critical Reflection


 1. To start this off, I am thankful for having the chance to learn this subject. Truthfully, this is not something that I particularly enjoy, but something I know I have to push through and do my best to learn. This had made me exposed to learning formal communication again after years of absence, and it has helped me to get better used to it. For example, I have not presented for years, and being able to do so again was a good feeling for me and an important step to take for my future. This was also what I hoped to learn at the beginning of this subject.

Since the bulk of what we have learnt was on how to write a report with the summary, my expectation of being able to learn to write formally was not fully met, except for the formal letter at the start. However, I feel that learning how to come up with a report might be even better, as this is the first time I have learned to write a report with great detail, and is something I know I have to apply in my later years of school and probably even for my future studies.

I feel that what I have been taught is enough, and the main way to improve now is to apply it in what I do now and in the future.




2. Throughout our work on the proposal, the main thing I learned is how to work together as a team. Of course, this is not my first time working as a team, but it was a good reminder of how working together as a team can improve the outcome of the work. Everyone has weaknesses, and working together as a team, we were able to help each other. With our different strengths, we were also able to contribute slightly more in certain areas like what we were more knowledgeable in. For example, as Sharif had previously studied electricity, he had previous knowledge of writing about our topic, while my group agreed that Jamie was the best among us in English, so she rephrased our points to make it sound coherent. Another example was during our presentation, where we decided to split on what we were going to present on what we felt was our strongest point.

 It was also nice to be able to work with people I have not worked before and being able to adapt to one another and help each other. During our meeting sessions, I can tell all of us have different ways of thinking and have different ideas. As a result, we did our best to listen to each other’s feedback and discuss what was best.

As a result, a quote I learned about teamwork just solidifies every time I work with a team, and it is “The lone wolf may travel the fastest, but the pack will definitely travel the furthest.”

Comments

  1. Thanks very much, Humaidi, for this fluent, well organized and detailed critical reflection. You provide clear supporting info as you review your work during the term. I'm especially impressed by the learning you share in terms of teamwork. You detail the strenghts of various members well and explain how identifying then leveraging such strengths is important. The only thing that I feel you could have elaborated a bit more on is how any of this experience might contribute to your work going forward.

    In any case, I appreciate your hard work and good cheer during the term. Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Professor for your compliment. I hope your future classes will be enjoyable for you as well!

      Best regards,
      Muhammad Humaidi

      Delete
  2. Hello Humaidi,

    It is really great see that you took the effort to come out of your comfort zone. As a friend, I am glad to see that you have gain such a valuable lesson through this module.

    I hope to work together with you on future project. Thank you for this critical reflection.

    Regards,
    Zyn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts